- St. John’s School, D.L.W., Varanasi, a minority institution was established in 1963 and is administered by the Catholic Diocese of Varanasi, a registered charitable society. It is under the religious jurisdiction of the Bishop of the Diocese of Varanasi. The religious congregation of the Queen of the Apostles and Sisters of Providence of GAP are actively involved in its administration.
- The school aims at the education of the Catholic community around and extends its services to the members of other communities to the extent possible. The school stands for academic excellence, development of skills and character formation based on the love of God and the service of mankind as modelled in Jesus Christ, with a view to training citizens remarkable for all-round development and sincere commitment to God and country.
- The school is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, (Affiliation code UP078) New Delhi with ‘No Objection’ certificate from U.P. Government. It prepares students for the ICSE(10 years course) and ISC (12 year course). The council’s examination curriculum includes, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Civics, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Commerce, Accountancy, Computer Studies, Computer Applications, Commercial Applications. Hindi is taught from LKG onwards. English is the medium of instruction, communication and examination in this institution.
- St. John’s School is a centre of national integration as it has children from almost all the states of India. The School compares favourably with most modern schools in the state. It believes that a sound moral, physical and cultural training is as important as academic and scholastic instruction in preparing students for their role in life. Hence great importance is attached to games, sports and physical exercises. Dramatics, debates, social work, extramural lectures by experts, general knowledge and quiz competitions keep the students mentally alert and abreast of the time.
- The school, through various activities, inculcates in students a positive inclination towards upholding social and economic justice, dignity of the individual irrespective of caste and creed, appreciation of our cultural heritage and concern for the environment. The School believes : Education alone can bring about human development – development of the whole person.
- ‘Duty first’ is the inspirational motto of the School.
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST
- St. John the Baptist is the patron saint of St. John’s School, D.L.W., Varanasi. John the Baptist was born in 7 B.C. His father was a priest and his mother was related to Mary, the mother of Jesus. Thus, John and Jesus may have been cousins. John the Baptist was dedicated to God from his birth. When he grew up he knew that God had called him for a special task. He went out to live a hard and strict life in the desert. About 28 A.D. he began his ministry at a fort in the river Jordan which travellers had to cross. There he preached, calling the people to repentance. He proclaimed that he was a messenger, a herald preparing the way for Jesus, the Redeemer. When Jesus was baptised in the river Jordan, John was glad, for he saw that his preaching would be fulfilled. He openly condemned Herod, the king at that time, for divorcing his wife and marrying his brother’s wife named Herodias. Herod already afraid of the popular prophet, had John thrown into prison and there to please Herodias, had him beheaded. His feast is celebrated on June 24. The feast will be celebrated in the school on first Saturday of July.
- LKG & UKG :- 08:00 am To 1:00 pm
- I-V :- 08:00 am To 1:10 pm
- VI-XII :- 08:00 am To 1:30 pm
- * Note: Any change will be notified through SMS.
FEE COUNTER TIMING
- 08:15 am TO 12:00 pm
- 09:00 am TO 10:30 am
- On working days only.